Wednesday, December 3, 2014

Cultural Attendance Blog #4 - Super Smash Bros for 3DS midnight release

          I attended the midnight release of Super Smash Bros for the 3DS. It was not my first time attending a midnight release of a video game. The other midnight release I attended was for Pokemon X and Pokemon Y a year prior to this event. 
          It still baffles me today that people would ruin their sleep schedule to come out and support a game as the soon as the clock strikes midnight. Of course I am guilty of this because I too wanted to play the game so bad. I can honestly say I did not sleep well that night as I plugged many hours into Super Smash Bros as soon as I got home that night. My dream is to create a product such as this where individuals come out at ridiculous hours of the day just to get one of the first copies of my product. As I waited in line I partook in playing Super Smash bros matches through the demo version of the game with random people waiting in line too. Just like with Otakon it felt good to be around people with similar interests and I would love to be around people like that all the time. I would love to get a job in the video game industry just because I play them almost everyday and I want to spread the joy to other gamers too. 

          Gaming is not just a form of entertainment but it was a way of life. It encompasses so much from storytelling to emotional therapy. Gaming has healed the minds of many (myself included) that I don’t find it too insane that people want these games so bad. I learned from these releases that people just want to have fun that much because having fun is the greatest feeling a person can have.





No comments:

Post a Comment