Wednesday, December 3, 2014

Cultural Attendance Blog #5 - The Birth of Bahá’u’lláh

            I attended a religious gathering of the Birth of Bahá’u’lláh. I am a member of the Baha’i Faith which is a religion that basically believes in the unity of mankind, the unity of religion, and the equality of man and woman. The founder of the Baha’i faith is known as Bahá’u'lláh and to celebrate his birthday, members of the Baha’i community gather together to say prayers and enjoy good company. His birthday was on November 12, 1817 so it has been almost 200 years since he was born. I have not been involved in many religious activities since the Summer of 2013 and it was nice to see the community again. I attended with my mother and we were both on the fence about going due to the lack of knowledge of the location where the event would be held. We went anyway and I noticed many technical difficulties and videos being played to celebrate. 
           A thought occurred that I could possibly create videos for my religion and spread the teachings of the Baha’i Faith across the country. After attending all of these events I realize that more and more of what I learned in the Communications department could be applied to my everyday life. From the events I attend to just simply helping my parents and other people learn new software and techniques. I realize that Communications is relevant to my world. It helps that I have all this knowledge as it is becoming more relevant to acquire knowledge of these techniques. I learned this well in this event and even planning events could be applied. 

To learn more about the Baha’i Faith one could check the link below this post. 


http://info.bahai.org/



No comments:

Post a Comment